Friday 4 November 2016

Auckland Festival of Quilts 2016 - the shopping.

Today I went to a the Auckland Festival of Quilts with my good friend Anne, and my mum.  We had a great time looking at the quilts, meeting people and shopping!



This post is just about the shopping.  I'll write more about the quilts later when I've chosen some favourites to show you.

The shopping.  Firstly I stopped at All Things Patchwork because Cheryl always has a huge range of Kaffe Fassett, Anna Maria Horner and Tula Pink.  The best news was that Cheryl had bought some 5" square charm packs of Tula Pink's Tabby Road back from Houston where it was launched last week, so Anne and I each bought a pack of those. I also bought a few fat quarters of Kaffe Fassett spots because they are always useful (two tone fabrics lying down).

Then I went to the Ribbon Rose stand because I knew they would have Sue Spargo eleganza perle 8, so I bought 3 spools of that.

I had visited Cottage Flair when I was in Rotorua back in March, and knew they loved Wendy Williams and Jen Kingwell's designs.  I bought some little scrap packs there which are full of fun snippets that I can incorporate into scrappy quilts.They are standing at the back of the photo and include the multi-coloured spots of unknown origin.

I also bought Bigger Perfect Circles by Karen Kay Buckley because I use my regular perfect circles a lot.

So that was my shopping at the Auckland Festival of Quilts.   I'm linking up with Molli Sparkles for his Sunday Stash #200. Party time!


3 comments:

JanAngel55 said...

I love the center of the photo large polka dot fabrics. May I ask what fabric line or maker they come from? Thank you, janicelashley@gmail.com

Kunzfrau said...

So nice. And you were very restrained in shopping!

Marion

Brenda said...

So Wendy. I have a question. Did that row of mostly dotted fabrics in the middle of your lovely picture just jump in to photo bomb the purchases you made? Or did you happen to acquire those also on this shopping expedition. A lovely batch of goodies you have in any event.