Tuesday 19 April 2016

New Zealand Quilter magazine

Some of you will remember my scrappy bear's paw quilt that I made in 2015.  If you don't, you can read more about it here.  It's now featured in the latest issue of New Zealand Quilter (issue 95).



I was thrilled to be asked if they could include my quilt in the magazine. There's also an article about our guild, Capital Quilters, and photos of the scrappy bear's paw quilts all hanging around the hall at our Christmas meeting. 

Each issue they feature a New Zealand blogger in the magazine.  Look who it is this issue! 


Yes, it's me and my Home and Away quilt.  I might provide a close up photo of the text for overseas readers in a few months time.  Meanwhile NZ readers should rush out and buy a copy.  There's also a great article about Sophie Wood - a very talented New Zealand quilter. And photos from the Stonestead Outdoor quilt festival featuring quilts made by some of my friends at Capital Quilters.

It's going to take quite a few days to read all the articles and soak up all the lovely photos in this issue.

18 comments:

Liz said...

Wow! Congrats! With all the quilting you do, and with the detail and precision you apply to your work, you definitely deserve a commendation :)

margaret said...

how good that your quilt is now going to seen and made by so many quilters, congratulations I can think of lots of your projects that need to be shared with a wider audience. Hope they share a link to your blog and instagram etc

Marlene said...

Congratulations Wendy. How exciting to be published. Will pick up a copy tomorrow-didn't realise it was out.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Congratulations Wendy! So exciting!

Oops-Lah said...

Congrats! It's always exiting to see one's work published. Pity I can't get that mag here. Must look online if I can order it.

Helen@Till We Quilt Again said...

Congratulations Wendy, Knew you were meant to be in the spot light!(especially with all your bright and cheery colors). So.... well deserved. Please remember us!! Haha

Michele Hill said...

Good on you Wendy! Hugs from across the ditch!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

congrats to you Wendy!! that is so nice to be in a magazine I bet I hope they did a good write up on you :) wish we had it here

Sandi said...

Congratulations on your double exposure in the magazine!

What a thrill to be asked, I was approached many years ago after my guild published a travelogue in our newsletter to have it redone for a province wide quilting newsletter. That lead to an invite for another piece in the Canadian Quilter's Newletter magazine along with some of my photos.

Your quilt is so nicely photographed.

Live a Colorful Life said...

This is such a wonderful quilt!

PaulaB quilts said...

Hearty congratulations on being published and featured. You certainly deserve it. When I think of NZ quilters you always come to mind first. Wish we could all get together for a big celebration.

Brenda said...

What a nice thing for you! Congratulations on not only having your bear paw quilt in the magazine, but also being the featured blogger. I know that I enjoy reading your blog whenever you make a new post. Wish we had that magazine here to look at.

Wendy said...

Wow, congratulations! Don't forget me now you're famous!

Schulz Family said...

Wow, love the quilt and the article. Well done

Granny Maud's Girl said...

Sadly, I have never seen this mag available for sale here in Oz. I would be dashing out to buy a copy just for your articles otherwise. :(

Raewyn said...

Congratulations Wendy! I'll be looking forward to getting home and reading my copy :-)

Jenny said...

How exciting! Yes, I did notice that your quilt and your blog were featured in the magazine. Congratulations!!!

Carol Q said...

fabulous Wendy. Not in the last bit surprised. I wonder if they sell it in the UK?