Sunday 30 November 2014

WIP and a winner

I drew the prize today and the lucky winner is number 11, Cathy from Cathy's Sewing Room in Adelaide, Australia. Congratulations Cathy and I hope you can make something nice with the fabrics. I'll be in touch to arrange shipping soon.

It was lovely to hear from so many people about the new things they have tried this year. Thank you all for taking the time to leave a comment.

I've still been really busy with work this week, so I haven't got a lot of sewing done. I have managed to add another very narrow striped border to the mini medallion quilt along.



Today I've been working on the final border for this quilt. The colours are quite different to what I usually use, but I do like them. I've really enjoyed making this.



I've also been selecting the fabrics for my next Women of the Bible blocks. We have Rebekah and Ruth to work on next. I'm trying to do one blue and and one pink each time the patterns are released, to keep the quilt balanced.


That's all for today. I'm hoping for quite a few finishes in December, but probably being unrealistic. It would be nice to start the new year with a clean sheet, but that's probably not going to happen (unless I stay awake sewing until 3am each night).

6 comments:

margaret said...

love the lime green you are using with the turquoise blue. You say you have had 2 more blocks for Women of the Bilble I have only had 6 blocks and a member of the MQG who is doing it has only had 4 so must look into why we are not getting them

Granny Maud's Girl said...

The colours still seem very Wendy to me. Perhaps they are a bit more aqua and lighter than you usually use? Or is it the chartreuse you are not used to? It isn't like they are Civil War fabrics!

Helen@Till We Quilt Again said...

The border you added is just perfect! Not sure how much I will be accomplishing in December, but that is OK-- I just love that the family will be together more during this coming month.

Lorraine said...

Have been very busy myself so quick stop in today. I'm hoping to get LOTS of stitching done in December and perhaps "finish" some of my many WIP's.... Always enjoy visiting for my hit of colour.

Rosa said...

Such a beautiful quilt and fabrics.The border caught my eye .Can´t wait to see it finished.!
Congrats to the winer and thanks you for the chance.

Vicki said...

Loving the Rebekah and Ruth pulls! Your medallion quilt is coming along beautifully.