Thursday, 15 February 2018

Ballet with Kaffe Fassett progress

I pulled out my Ballet with Kaffe quilt again on 8 January 2018.  I'd neglected it for a few months due to Symposium and Christmas, but I still had all the fabrics set aside in their own box.  I cut and glue basted some pieces to take on our holiday to Australia, and I've continued working on it since we got home.  It's quite addictive once you get going again.



I really do think that this quilt is more challenging than la passacaglia! It seems harder to work out how the stars and rosettes all fit together.  I also miss having an overall diagram showing how it all works.



Anyway, I'm making progress and I like where it's going.  The photo below shows how I chose fabrics.  My inspiration fabric is at the bottom of the photo, and I just try fabrics where they will sit until I'm happy with the combinations.


There's still a long way to go with this quilt.  I might even "cheat" and make my quilt smaller than the one in the book - Millefiori Quilts 2.  That depends on how I feel about it once I get the top half joined up.


You can read more about this quilt, and see my previous posts, on the Ballet with Kaffe tab at the top of the page.