Friday, 12 June 2026

Jelly Stars in Kaffe

It's been so long since I've blogged!

But I have a few recent finishes and I want to record them here for my own future reference.  

First up is my Jelly Stars - I don't have a proper name for it yet, so I'll just refer to it by the pattern name for now.  




I used the Jelly Stars pattern by Modernly Morgan for this one.  I won a Kaffe Fassett Emperor jelly roll some years ago and it was time to use it so I paired it with a Kona Solid in Kale.  I needed a few more strips to complete the pattern, so I raided my stash for complementary Kaffe fabrics. 







I pieced the back from some off cuts from Kaffe Fassett widebacks.



I had this one quilted by Busy Bee Quilt Shop and I'm really pleased with the result.  It measures 62" x 72".



4 comments:

Denice Barker said...

It's beautiful! I'm still looking closely trying to find the square

Ali Honey said...

Missed You! Beautiful colours in your quilt. KF certainly knew about colour didn't he.

karenbbsnow said...

Beautiful quilt. Very inspiring as I have a LOT of Kaffe jellyroll strips!

FlourishingPalms said...

It's very pretty, Wendy! I like that Kale color; it's such a nice contrast to the darker background colors. I'm happy for you because I know how good it feels to have a finish. And writing a blog post is the best way to document one's finishes... and also (for me) to record unfinishes, sometimes too many to count!