Friday 7 June 2024

Faith

There's nothing like an exhibition deadline to make me hurry up and finish a quilt.  



This one all started when I saw an offcut of the beautiful Stone Flower centre in the remnant bin at my local quilt shop.  I knew I had to take it home and and turn it into something pretty. 


There's always a good selection of medallion quilts in Kaffe Fassett's books so I perused my little library and came across the Blue Square Dance quilt in Quilts in the Cotswolds.  


I didn't fancy making the final border on the Blue Square Dance quilt, so I turned the page and used the border from the Flowery Jar pattern instead.  


The final touch was a great Kaffe Fassett print for the binding that incorporated all of the colours used in the quilt - Chevron Stripe in Blue. 


I've called it Faith because:

a. I love George Michael's music

b. You've got to have faith to build an impactful quilt.



I had it custom quilted by Sue B from Busy Bee Quilt Shop and I'm really pleased with it. 




Finished size 74" x 74".





5 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

This quilt turned out great and it all started with a small piece from the remnant bin. Another lovely to display at the quilt show!

PaintedThread said...

It's a beautiful finish. I can see why you're so pleased with the quilting, too. And you made your deadline?

Denice Barker said...

Gorgeous

cityquilter grace said...

gorgeous...i just used my last scrap of the blue/white stripe on a wall quilt...it must be an old fabric as i haven't seen it anywhere...good thing i might buy more...lol

Mystic Quilter said...

A stunning quilt Wendy. I love the addition of that exciting green and the border you decided to go with rather than the original in the book.