Friday 3 February 2023

June Sheath Dress by Style Arc

Yes, I made a dress - from Kaffe Fassett fabrics of course!


I like to wear 100% cotton dresses in summer, but they're getting harder and harder to find in the shops.  So I decided I would just have to make some dresses myself.    

I used the Style Arc June Sheath Dress pattern with a few modifications around the neck line.  I cut the neck line lower, based on a dress I already have.  


I'm really pleased with how it turned out and I'm looking forward to wearing it soon. 

Update: Yes, it's regular quilting Kaffe Fassett quilting cotton. 

I bought the PDF version of the pattern and got Karina at Studio of Sewing in Auckland to print it on to sturdy A0 paper for me.   I can now reuse the pattern again and again.  


Now it's time for the Peacock Party.  Feel free to link up a recent blog post below.




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

13 comments:

Jenny said...

I love the colours in your new dress, it turned out so nice and looks lovely and cool for summer.

Gretchen Weaver said...

You look so cool and comfy, definitely the perfect dress for summer. I really enjoyed seeing green grass. Happy stitching!

Turid said...

You make me thinking of summer. Here we still have snow. Such a pretty Kaffe dress Wendy.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

is that quiltng fabric that you use? or another type - I wondered if it was quilting fabric does it get really wrinkled after awhile? it is pretty

Melva said...

Cute dress! Perfect for a summer day. Thanks for the chance to share with others through your linky party. :)

Marie said...

Gorgeous! You will get a lot of wear out of your new dress.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Wendy, that is really lovely in the Kaffe Fassett fabric.

Astrid said...

Pretty dress, love the colors and simple design. I agree it is difficult to find cotton dresses in shops nowadays. Are you using quilting cotton?

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Gorgeous blues in your lovely and comfy looking dress! How talented you are!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I am inspired :) thank you!
Mary M.
CT

Kris said...

Love the new dress and fabric! Any leftovers for a quilt? ha

FlourishingPalms said...

I'm always on the look-out for an easy, summertime, casual dress pattern. This looks like a good one. Thanks for sharing!

Bonnie said...

That dress looks fabulous. I really like what you did and especially that fun Kaffe fabric.