Friday 26 August 2022

Hello!

 It's Friday again, and what have I got to show for this week? 


I've embroidered one more block for my Licorice Allsorts quilt.  There's just one more block to embroider now, and I'll be sad when they're all finished.  

My wool felt applique class at Coastal Quilters went well last Saturday.  The ladies all came with different ideas, so it was fun to see their designs emerging.  Coastal Quilters owns a Sizzix machine so we experimented with all the templates and cut lots of different shapes.

I came home with some snow flakes that I'm sure I'll find a use for one day.


Tomorrow I'm demonstrating hand quilting at my own guild, Capital Quilters.  We're going to have 8 tutors set up around the room and members will get 10 minutes with it each tutor who will give a quick overview of a new skill.  

Last night I started sorting out what I should take along to show how effective hand quilting can be.   

Bedazzle 12"x12" 


Whole Cloth Cushion

I hope I can inspire some more people to give hand quilting a try.



Now it's time for the Peacock Party.  Feel free to link up a recent blog post below.



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

7 comments:

Cathy said...

I can't imagine who would not be inspired to hand quilt after viewing Bedazzle!

chrisknits said...

I so enjoy seeing all your dabbling and experiments!! You are so creative.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

I love your hand-quilting projects!
Thank you for hosting the link party ;-)

Sue Daurio said...

you're hand work is wonderful!! I've just started on my journey with embroidery, lots to learn but I am totally smitten with it.

Rebecca Grace said...

Oh Wendy, your embroidery and hand quilting are just exquisite!! And I am looking forward to seeing what you'll do with those fabulous snowflakes!

Michelle said...

Your embroidered block is such beauty! I love hand-quilting and I enjoy doing it. I intend to hand quilt my Drunkard’s Path.

Celine said...

Your embroidery is spectacular, well done