Friday 14 January 2022

My Embroidery priorities for 2022

My love of cross stitch was rekindled in 2021, so I thought I should write a list of my embroidery priorities for 2022.  

My mum's Holiday Wreath


My first goal is a big one - #12in22ornamentstitchalong

Carol from Stitching Dreams blog and @caroling55 on Instagram, has put out a challenge to stitch 12 ornaments in 2022 - She's using the hashtag #12in22ornamentstitchalong

I think I might just join in and then I'll have a lovely little basket of ornaments in time for Christmas 2022.  I checked my linen stash and I've got tonnes of linen in all sorts of colours. I've also got a wide range of DMC threads, so I just need a few patterns and I'll be off.  

Some of my current WIPs could count for the 12 in 22 challenge because they are Christmas themed. 

Here's what I already have in progress:

1. Twelve days of Christmas by Liz Mathews

I received the first three of these patterns for Christmas and I'm going to make some of the little trees - not all twelve, just some. The finished stitching is about 10" high on 28 count linen. I bought my patterns from Stitch Witches in NZ - just message them on Facebook if you're interested. 



2. Christmas Village by Victoria Sampler

This one is quite close to finished now, and should easily be finished in 2022. 


3. Holiday Wreath by Laura J Perin

Each year when I see my mum's Holiday Wreath, I come home determined to finish mine.  I think 2022 is the year that I should finally make it happen.  I know what my problem is - the defining feature of this piece is the velvet bow at the top, but I have to finish all the more boring stuff before I get to stitch the bow.  


4. Gingerbread Flower Shop

2022 will be the year I finish this one too. 


5. Pandemic by Long Dog Sampler

I should be able to finish this one by Easter I think.  But I have left the back stitching until the end, so that could take another week or two.  


6. Shades of Indigo by Northern Expressions Needlework

This was my new start on 1 Jan 2021, but I wasn't happy with one of the colours I'd chosen, so I set it aside.  On 1 Jan 2022 I pulled out the stitching I didn't like, and re-did it in a new colour. I love the new colour so I'm up and running again. 


So that's six WIPS before I even start looking around for new things to stitch for the #12in22ornamentstitchalong

Thank goodness I asked my mum to finish knitting my cardigan for me! I don't have time for quilting, embroidery and knitting.  


Now it's time for the Peacock Party.  Feel free to link up a recent blog post below. 


















You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

10 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

You have some beautiful cross stitching projects! I'll be cheering you on as you stitch!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love those last two projects that you show - beautiful both!

PaintedThread said...

I love that wreath! That's a lot of cross stitch.

Kathy S. said...

Wow! the wreath is absolutely stunning!

cityquilter grace said...

very pretty and ambitious projects...i too have picked up some cross stitch but i've only 3 planned projects...i'm older than you...LOL

Rochelle aka Bella Quilts said...

Those are all beautiful projects. I wish you luck with the 12 ornaments. The Christmas Wreath is just lovely and it is nice that your Mom will take over knitting the cardigan. Good luck with your list.

Rebecca Grace said...

Your cross stitching is just magnificent, Wendy! Especially the Shades of Indigo. What does "leaving the backstitching to the end" mean, though? Does that mean you have loose thread tails on the back of the work that need to be threaded in to be secured?

Andree G. Faubert said...

Good luck Wendy. Those are all very lovely projects. I find that challenges on Instagram encourage me to stitch. All the best in 2022!

FlourishingPalms said...

Golly Wendy. I'm worn out just looking at all the stitching projects you want to finish this year! Seems overwhelming to me, but then I've never liked making lists. It feels intimidating... impossible... and if I don't get everything done like I'd planned, I feel inadequate. So, no lists for me! But I know that you and some others thrive on that, so definitely go for it. All your projects look worthy of making. Full steam ahead, right?!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

You are such the masterful cross stitcher! All beautiful! Someday! Have a great week. Hugs