Saturday 5 December 2015

Review of my 2015 quilting achievements

A year ago a wrote a list of quilting I'd like to achieve in 2015.  Before I write my list for 2016, it's now time to check back on that list and see if I managed to stay on task.

The list was as follows:

1.  Your Place or Mine? - wool felt applique  FINISHED



2.  Halloween Mini  FINISHED



3.  Kaffe Christmas Tree  FINISHED



4.  Mini Medallion  FINISHED



5.  la passacaglia  - still working on it, but I didn't expect to finish it in 2015

Half done in October 2015


6.  Stacks of Colour - still a WIP, but the hand quilting is almost finished. Then it just needs the binding which is already cut and set aside.



7.  Possum Magic.  I finished working on everyone else's quilts, and have my original quilt back now.  I'm looking forward to hand quilting it in 2016. You can see the other quilts from this round robin on the Possum Magic tab under the header photo at the top of the page.



8.  Women of the Bible.  I joined all the blocks up at the end of November.  Next I'm going to make a pieced back from all the scraps.  I think I might get this one quilted because I've got no great desire to hand quilt it myself. I am happy with how it's turned out. It's currently 90" x 70".



9.  Oh! Christmas Tree.  I've made a small start, but it won't be finished before Christmas this year.



10.  Folded Star. I still haven't tried this technique, but maybe I will in 2016.


So that was my 2015 list.  I think I've done pretty well.  In addition to all of that, I've also made my scrappy bear paw quilt to celebrate our guild's 30th anniversary.



my Halloween hexie table runner



my mini tree quilt



and my Spinning Stripes mini quilt.


and done a lot of embroidery.  I'll write a separate post about that.

Overall, 2015 was a very pleasing year for quilting for me.  I finished a lot of things on my list, and made 4 extra unexpected quilts.  I know I'm fortunate to have the time to do all this.  I hope I can continue to maintain this kind of work / life balance in 2016. I'm also grateful for all the kind comments you, my readers, have left during the year, and the friendships that I've made through my blog. I hope you all find time to quilt in 2016 too.


23 comments:

Frances Meredith said...

Great achievements Wendy and still 4 weeks left!

Live a Colorful Life said...

Your work is so stunningly beautiful. You constantly amaze me. AND you have completed gorgeous embroidery too. I'm in awe.

Vagabond Quilter said...

Well done Wendy. What a beautiful and inspiring bunch of quilts. You have inspired me to make a list for 2016 and see what I can achieve!

Granny Maud's Girl said...

You have had a productive year, Wendy. I am impressed by how much you have finished!

Linda said...

What a super collection of quilts. A LOT of clever piecing in every one. You have achieved an amazing amount during 2015. And your embroidery total to come!

Carla said...

Wow! Congrats on a lovely lineup of finishes ; )

margaret said...

so many wonderful creations here congratulations on achieving so much, now waiting to see your mbroidery creations

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Lots of great finishes here Wendy, a very productive year! I particularly like your wool/felt applique house quilt, very colourful!

Annette-California said...

You are amazing! Everyone of your quilts are masterpieces! Your Gingerbread village, every time I see them they make my heart glow - pure happiness! Congratulations to you for a year of magical finished projects!

Sue said...

WOW Wendy!! I am so impressed, and your work looks absolutely lovely. No rush jobs there. 😊 You are so inspiring. I need to take a leaf out of your book!

Sue @ Quilting the Green Star said...

Hello, just visiting from the UK via Crazy Mom Quilts. What a lovely year of work and your blog banner is great! Are the houses made from gingerbread or fabric? I haven't heard of wool felt appliqué , will you be doing a blog about it?
Happy Advent,
Sue

Chris of UK City Crafter said...

Goodness what a lot of beautiful quilts, very impressive - well done.

Carol Q said...

fabulous Wendy. I've enjoyed every moment of your creations and looking forward to more in 2016!!

PaulaB quilts said...

An amazing collection. Brings back memories of seeing them originally and gushing over them. I checked out the Possum Magic. What variety and inventiveness. Congrats!

HeathersSewingRoom said...

Wendy that is certainly a very productive year and you should be extremely proud of all the amazing work that has gone into every piece.

Jenny said...

Very well done indeed - you can very very pleased with your progress.

Wendy said...

you really did achieve a lot in 2015. It was lovely to see all those beautiful quilts again.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Its been one beautiful year! And your quilting perfection in the stitching and applique work...absolutely stunning! Gorgeous, gorgeous work! Thank you for letting us take an escape back to these wonderful works and remember their beauty, because they sure are eye candy to look at :)

Unknown said...

Such gorgeous and amazing work! Congratulations!

Maggie A said...

Great achievement. Love la passacaglia.

margaret said...

i really like your mini tree quilt. Did you create a pattern or purchase one?

Rochelle aka Bella Quilts said...

So many beautriful quilts and so much accomplished! You are one of my favorite bloggers. Thank you for sharing.

NickiJ said...

Some truly beautiful finishes for 2015. My personal favourite is Women of the Bible, look those blocks. You truly do some inspiring and different themed quilts. Keep up the excellent skills for 2016.