Friday 12 September 2014

A Halloween mini

Although my pattern for the gingerbread Halloween House hasn't arrived yet, I started to think about how I will display it when it's finished (which definitely isn't going to be for Halloween 2014).

I've seen lots of cute mini quilts about lately, so I thought I could make a little mini for it to sit on when it's done.

from Spotlight NZ - $5 each


 Halloween isn't really celebrated in a big way here, so most quilt shops here don't bother getting in special quilting fabric. However, I was driving past Spotlight today and thought they might have some Halloween fabrics. I popped in for a look and was really pleased that I did. They had these fabrics as fat quarters and also by the metre if you need more for something bigger.

Now I just need to browse the internet for a suitable pattern. I'm already thinking of how I can finish it off with a bit of hand embellishment in metallic threads!  Fun times ahead.

3 comments:

margaret said...

Here in the UK Halloween is not celebrated as much although last year more seemed to happen, it is not a time I like and I draw the curtains and turn the light off! How I loved spotlight when I visited Australia we have nothingt like it here

Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl said...

I really like the black and purple spider web fabrics and the grey with trees is fun, too! That sounds like a fun project!

Rachel @ Quiltineering said...

What a fun collection! Now I want to make a halloween quilt....