Saturday 12 April 2014

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are here in Wellington, New Zealand

I think most people in the Commonwealth are aware that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are in New Zealand at the moment, with their baby son, Prince George. They are based in the capital city, Wellington, my home town, and staying at Government House. I drive past Government House every day, but I haven't caught a glimpse of them yet.
the knitted William and Kate I made
Just before William and Kate got married, Fiona Goble released a book called 'Knit Your Own Royal Wedding'. My mum and decided to take up the challenge, and for a bit of a joke we each knitted a William and Kate. They were quite time consuming so we didn't bother with the rest of the family or the corgies, but we now each have a knitted William and Kate.

Unfortunately it's been quite wet in New Zealand since the Royals arrived, however there are some beautiful clear photos of the family on the Daily Mail UK site. Here are some of them:
getting off the plane on Monday


at the Plunket play date at Government House


 Prince George seems to be accumulating presents everywhere his parents go. Yesterday he was given a mini amphibious boat, and today a tiny bicycle. I hope they all enjoy their time in New Zealand.




4 comments:

Mary Huey said...

I hope you catch a glimpse of them -- George is sure a cutey!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love the quilt on your header! wonderful color - that sure is one cute baby!

Live a Colorful Life said...

Yes, I hope you catch of glimpse of them too. You know how there are certain events and you remember where you were when they happened? I will always remember where I was when George was born--in my cousin's not-quite-finished log cabin in northern Minnesota. They had an internet connection but their plumbing wasn't hooked up yet. So TV, but no bathroom...And isn't Kate's red coat fabulous??

Granny Maud's Girl said...

I am secretly disappointed not one corgi made the cut. :)
Too cute.