Monday 22 January 2018

Holiday Sewing Part 3 - Mirage

Yes, there's still more from my Christmas holiday sewing with my mum.


You probably know by now that I can't resist a bright pop of colour, so sometime ago I bought two sections of a Mirage panel by Northcott. 

While mum was here I suddenly had an urge to turn one of them into a wall hanging for my home office.  I decided to practice on the spare piece first, so I machine quilted it along the lines with my walking foot and verigated thread.


As usual, it took longer than I expected, but it was the holidays, so it didn't matter.


Mum kindly sewed down the binding, put on the label, and added the hanging sleeve (all those finishing jobs which take time).  She's taken the practice one home to hang in the spare room at her house, and one day I'll turn the other piece into a wall hanging for my home office. 


Here's the selvage in case you want to track it down.

If you didn't know it was a panel, you'd think it was pieced because the quilting makes the triangles pop.


4 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Beautiful projects Wendy, I love seeing them and isn’t this panel so vibrant!

Granny Maud's Girl said...

That is very precise quilting along the lines, Wendy. I am not sure how one could improve on that practice piece.
I can't resist a bright pop of colour: understatement of the year. :) Love your colour!

Farm Quilter said...

You did an amazing job of quilting along the lines!! I was trying to figure out how you pieced it...makes me feel better that it was a panel!! Now I need to find it!

Farm Quilter said...

I'm totally blaming you!! I found it on sale for $4.99!!!