Friday 22 September 2017

Bloggers' Quilt Festival 2017 - Holiday Homies

This is my second entry in the Bloggers' Quilt Festival hosted by Amy Ellis of Amy's Creative Side.



It's my recently finished Holiday Homies quilt. It's all a bit crazy and over the top, but I loved all of the fabrics in Tula Pink's first Christmas collection and I wanted to include pieces of all of them in my quilt. 

I fussy cut the animals and preserved as much of them as possible. 


I've included instructions on how to make a quilt similar to mine in my earlier blog post about this quilt here.  


This is a small quilt, just 37" x 37", so I hand quilted it with my favourite Aurifil 12wt thread.



You can read about my first entry in the festival, my Tussie Mussie, here. 

Please pop over to Amy's blog and look at some of the other great quilts in the festival.  The system is a lot simpler this year because there's only one category for all of the quilts.  There won't be voting either - just prizes awarded to contestants on a random basis.
 

http://www.amyscreativeside.com/2017/09/18/bloggers-quilt-festival-fall-2017-edition/

I hope you enjoy visiting some new blogs.  Please try to leave a comment for the bloggers, even if it's just "I love your quilt".   






7 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

A great quilt Wendy! So much color and design in those fabrics, love it!

somethingrosemade14@blogspot.com said...

I love this quilt and have been resisting buying this fabric. And if I do now, it's going to be your fault. (secretly I'm saying Thank you)

Tu-Na Quilts said...

It sure is colorful. The fussy cut squares add a touch of whimsy to the quilt. Nice color combination.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow!! You really plugged in the holiday lights with this one. FUN!!!

Pamela said...

Cute! What a fun quilt for Christmas!

Cheryl said...

This quilt is just awesome, I love the Christmas fabric and how you highlighted the great prints.

straythreads said...

Those are fun prints love the way you used them