This time I was at home so could do it my way, and I'm so pleased I did. I love this Kaffe Fassett bag, and have already found things to store in it. Now I have two and that will be enough for a while.
|I like to hand sew my bindings down.|
Pattern is Sew Together Bag by Sew Demented on Craftsy.
The tutorial I used is by Quilt Barn and is on her blog here.
And a link back to my blog post about my first bag is here.
If you're keen to use fancy zippers, here what I did.
1. Source some fancy zippers. There are lots on Amazon.
2. Sew a normal seam and press, and then press wrong side together.
3. Place the zip face down, and then the fabric wrong side down. Sew along the zip with the zipper foot on.
4. It will look like this:
5. Turn it over and it will look like this (so use matching thread):
6. Repeat on the other side, and then (and only then), sew the bottom of the pocket together.