Thank you for all the kind comments on my last post about my quilting achievements in 2015. Back in December 2014 I also made a list of all the embroidery projects I wanted to complete in 2015. It's nearly the end of the year, so it's time to see how I got on with my embroidery.
1. The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery Christmas Celebration Sampler. Finished and framed.
3. Your Place or Mine? Finished - this is a quilt, but there was a lot of hand applique required so it appeared in both my quilting and embroidery lists.
4. Northern Expressions Needlework Celtic Snow. Finished and framed. I think this is my major embroidery achievement of 2015. There were soooo many tiny beads to sew onto this piece. It was my first time using hand dyed linen and I loved the colours in this fabric.
5. The Victoria Sampler Gingerbread Etui. I'm working on it frantically now, and still hope to have it ready for Christmas this year. Three sides and the base are finished - just one more side to go now, plus assembly of course.
|Etui with only two sides attached - who would know?|
6. Elizabethean Sweet Bag. No progress. I think I should officially give up on this. I know it's 90% done, but it's just so hard to get motivated outside of the classroom.
7. The Victoria Sampler Haunted House. Finished in time for Halloween and very happy with it.
8. The Victoria Sampler Needlework Shop. Not even started - it will go on 2016 list.
|not my photo - from the Victoria Sampler website|
9. Wool felt applique bag from Flying Fish Kits. Finished.
10. Needlelace - green. This only saw minimal action in 2014 and deserves better in 2015.
11. Needlelace - purple. I need to work on this again while I still remember what to do.
12. Heirloom Christmas Tree decoration. I've had the book, silk and decorations for 2 years but am still putting off starting. I guess I'm worried about mine not being good enough, but I do have plenty of silk, and the decorations could be recycled if I needed to start again. If this was a class I would have had it finished by now. I think I'm just a bit worried about doing it by myself - silly I know.
13. Sundry other projects:
I did finish one this from this pile - the Blackberry Heart:
And I also finished the Fandango Sky canvas work which had been in the cupboard for two years:
And I made a small start on a needlelace stitch along with a group of Russian ladies I met online. They've gone AWOL at the moment, but assure me they will return in 2016, so I'll just wait for them to start translating the instructions from Italian into Russian, and then into English for me (thank you Google translate).
So overall it's been a successful year for embroidery too. I've finished some lovely projects, and I've still got plenty to be going on with in 2016.