Friday 16 November 2018

Pop Art Table Runner

I finished my Pop Art table runner (which was one of the WIPs I talked about last week).


I used the pattern on the cover of Christina Cameli's book, Wedge Quilt Workshop.


It was quite tricky to start with, especially because I wanted to make my blocks smaller than the ones in the book.


I used the remainder of some Alison Glass fat quarters, so I didn't have a lot of fabric to play with. I actually started by making a test block which is very unusual for me.


Wedges can easily get out of alignment, so when I finally got my three circles sitting nicely, I moved on to filling the centres with reverse applique.  I hadn't done this technique with freezer paper before, but it was easy enough to do with the good instructions and clear photos in the book.



Then I had to be very brave and cut my circles so they became squares!


Fortunately it was all good, and my three blocks matched nicely when I joined them up.  I hand quilted down the centre of each strip and quilted a couple of circles in the middle of the circles.


I finished the table runner with a facing so it would sit nice and flat on the table.  I'm really pleased with the finished result, and it goes nicely with my previous Bon Bon table runner.


(It's very hard to photograph table runners, so I decided to hang them on the clothes line.)

4 comments:

Edie said...


I love, love your table runner. It is so bright and cheerful on this blustery snowy day. Thanks for sharing. raydeer@memlane.com

Rochelle aka Bella Quilts said...

Both table runners are beautiful and what a great way to use up extra fabric. I like the way you documented the main steps and showed going from circle to square. I'm truly impressed.

Farm Quilter said...

Love your new table runner!! So modern, bright and cheerful! They both go great together and definitely show off your amazing piecing skills!!

Mystic Quilter said...

What a tremendous effect from the Pop Art table runner, her book looks as if it could be very interesting. What size are the blocks Wendy?