Saturday 24 February 2018

Mrs Bannister's Stars - designed by Jen Kingwell


Last week someone in the Jen Kingwell Designs Facebook group asked if anyone had made Mrs Bannister's Stars.  That reminded me that I had, but I hadn't blogged about it yet. I actually finished my version back in November 2016.


Each block is 12" finished and it's quite a tricky pattern to make. I think the real reason I didn't blog about it was that I wasn't 100% happy with it.  There's a lot of "Y" seams in these blocks, and when I made it I didn't know how to hand piece.  I'm sure I could make it again more accurately now, but life it too short, so I'll live with it.


Mrs Bannister's Stars from Jen Kingwell's book, Quilt Lovely.


I fiddled around with hand piecing and English Paper Piecing and I got there in the end.

I considered make scrappy sashing, but decided that a plainer grey print from Cotton + Steel would look better.




I've made two other cushions from the Quilt Lovely book, and they were both easier to make, even though Wheel of Fortune has curved piecing.


You can read more about Wheel of Fortune here.



And you can read more about Small Wonders pillow here.


The Quilt Lovely book really does have some gorgeous patterns in it.

No comments: