Monday 11 December 2017

A Christmas Finish - Holiday Patchwork Forest

I finished my Holiday Patchwork Forest quilt just in time for Christmas.


It's a bit crazy with all those busy fabrics thrown together, but the blocks started out as test blocks for another idea I had. 


It's made from a pattern designed by Amy Smart of Diary of a Quilter.  I paid $2 and got a pdf pattern here, but she also explains how to make a smaller version of the block for free here


I'm proud to say that the binding is the only fabric I purchased for this quilt.  The rest is all from my stash, including the red Kaffe Fassett for the border, which looks very Christmassy when it's next to that green Roman Glass by Kaffe Fassett.

It's summer time in New Zealand now and we don't need quilts on our beds, so it will be a wall hanging to brighten my house for Christmas. 

7 comments:

Kathy E. said...

This is such a cheery, festive quilt, Wendy! I'm sure you feel extra good using up some of your stash to make it! It will look awesome hanging on your wall during your warm Christmas festivities! (Hello from Iowa where the temps are way below freezing....brrrrr!)

Kyle said...

Love the whimsy and cheerfulness of your trees. What a beautiful forest.

quiltingtaylormade said...

Just gorgeous Wendy !! Love those trees.

Kris said...

Oh, I LOVE it, Wendy!!

Linda said...

Great quilt, Wendy. The Kaffe Fassett border fabrics are perfect to bring together all the variety of fabrics in the individual blocks. As a wall hanging it will make your house look very Christmassy. Happy Christmas! 🎄

Denice Barker said...

This is about the first 'Christmas' quilt I've seen and really liked!

Jill said...

This quilt is simple yet very festive. The quilting lines accent it quite well. I may check out the pattern. Visiting from Karen’s Quilts...etc.