Sunday 15 January 2017

I'm back!

After what feels like a very long summer holiday, I'm finally back home and ready to start 2017. We spent Christmas in Auckland with my mum and dad, came home for a week, and then went to Queenstown for five nights.



This was the view of The Remarkables and Lake Wakatipu from our apartment.


My husband and younger son rode the Shotover Jet

We watched the bungy jump but didn't do it.

We went up in the gondolas.

Central Otago is a beautiful part of New Zealand and we enjoyed our time there.  Some days were very hot (26C = 80F) and other days were cooler.

Queenstown Gardens

the Arrow River

Queenstown lake front at 7.30pm at night.

I'm off to finalise my quilting and embroidery to do lists for 2017.  I promise to reveal all before the end of this week.

7 comments:

Susan said...

Your lovely photos bring back memories of a wonderful holiday we has in the south island back in 2005...time to come back I think! I don't suppose you'd like our 34C we're having on Tuesday, just in time for the Tennis!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks like such a gorgeous area! envious!! I wouldn't have done the jump either but watch instead - not brave enough

margaret said...

some glorious photos you have shared of your holiday both here and on instagram, such a beauiful country you live in, my sister is visiting beginning of february cruising from melbourne

Barb Neiwert said...

I'm so glad I just started following you this week. Otherwise, I would have missed this wonderful look at this countryside! Especially nice to see someone in the world is enjoying summer whilst I am looking at four feet of snow covering everything here, lol.

Rochelle aka Bella Quilts said...

I felt like I was in the middle of summer with you when in reality I'm in the middle of winter in Nevada....Floods earlier this week, followed by a foot of snow in the valley and 12 feet in the mountains. Since it was so wet/cold here, I sewed!!

Happy New Year!

Pip said...

Glorious photos of Queenstown, I last visited there over 20 years ago, but the scenery still looks the same. No bungy jumping then but we went on the Shotover Jet, it was a thrilling ride.

Alison said...

Okay, fess up......you were down near Wanaka for "the wedding" weren't you! Maybe we will see you in a woman's mag soon! Ha! Looked gorgeous.