The design is 22" square, so I decided to turn it into a mini quilt rather than make another large pillow. I put a hanging sleeve on, so it can be hung on the wall like this:
I know you're always interested in how I approach things, so here's what I did:
1. I foundation paper pieced the coloured curved sections on my machine, as per the pattern in Quilt Lovely.
2. I hand pieced the coloured sections onto the grey background - only because I trusted my hand stitching more than my machine piecing when it comes to curves.
3. I then joined up the 16 square blocks as per the pattern.
4. I marked my quilting lines with chalk pencil and dinner plates, and hand quilted with Aurifil 12 wt and big stitches.
5. I applied the stripy binding and hanging sleeve.
The background fabric is Heath by Alexander Henry in black, although I'd personally call it grey.
I love this mini. and look forward to making even more things from Jen Kingwell's Quilt Lovely book.