Tuesday 13 October 2015

Q4 Finish a long goals

I did well on my Q3 goals, but I don't really expect to be so successful with my term 4 goals.

I think people in the northern hemisphere get more productive as they move towards Christmas because it's winter and they tend to stay in doors more.

We are just the opposite down here in New Zealand and Australia - summer is coming and the evenings are getting warmer and lighter. Add to that the fact that the school year is wrapping up, and we have lots of school related functions to attend.  My older son just got accepted into the course he wants to do at University next year (Bachelor of Software Engineering), so there are big changes ahead as he prepares to move to Auckland in February.  

Anyway, here are the things I would like to get finished in Q4:

1.  Dresses x 3


I've decided to sew myself some new dresses and tunics this year.  I'm using Tula Pink extra wide backing (Free Fall) for two of them, and a Cotton and Steel print for another.  I made most of the first one last week, but I just need to add the tie backs and hem it now.



2. Christmas Tree Etui

This is another addition to my Gingerbread Village.  I stitched the first panel back in January, and only picked it up again last week.  It would be lovely to have it ready by mid December.





3.  Christmas Tree Quilt

This is another great design by Wendy Williams of Flying Fish Kits.  I've had the pattern for months, but sometimes you just have to wait until the Christmas spirit strikes.  I made a small start on this at our guild retreat in September. It's wool felt applique so also involves a lot of hand sewing.





4. La Passacaglia

This definitely won't be finished in Q4, but I do want to keep working on it. I'd love to have the quilt top all finished by 31 December, or at least 31 January. Then I'll have to think about how to quilt it.  I'll definitely do it by hand, but I'm not sure about what type of design I'll use yet.


This is a slightly different arrangement to the photo I posted last week, and I've changed my mind again since I took this photo.  I haven't started joining the top section yet, so I'll just keep shuffling them around until I'm happy with the placement.


9 comments:

Kirsten said...

Your Christmas projects will be beautiful Wendy - and I love the Tula tunic. I have some of the navy Free Fall too and am tempted to make one too:)

Julie said...

Congratulations to your son Lots of lovely projects to keep you busy.
Look forward to seeing what you get finished.

Granny Maud's Girl said...

Very Christmassy, Wendy. I like how a bird has popped up on the shoulder of the dress (or tunic). Was this careful placement or a happy accident?

margaret said...

you have a lovely collection of projects to work on here, best of luck with you progress, tunic has worked so well and the gingerbread house is coming along. Like the Christmas tree and the la passacaglia as I have mentioned in the past I love

Wendy said...

I can't wait to see your progress on these projects. It's great that there are bloggers around the world. Whilst we're productive in the winter and you are all at the beach, we can write blog posts to keep everyone entertained, then your winter arrives and it's your turn to entertain and ours to sit on the beach
Hang on, what am i talking about? I live in England, i'd get frostbite and rained on if i went to the beach!

Wendy said...

I can't wait to see your progress on these projects. It's great that there are bloggers around the world. Whilst we're productive in the winter and you are all at the beach, we can write blog posts to keep everyone entertained, then your winter arrives and it's your turn to entertain and ours to sit on the beach
Hang on, what am i talking about? I live in England, i'd get frostbite and rained on if i went to the beach!

Wendy said...

I can't wait to see your progress on these projects. It's great that there are bloggers around the world. Whilst we're productive in the winter and you are all at the beach, we can write blog posts to keep everyone entertained, then your winter arrives and it's your turn to entertain and ours to sit on the beach
Hang on, what am i talking about? I live in England, i'd get frostbite and rained on if i went to the beach!

Ruth said...

Love your Christmas projects! I really like the Tula pink fabric for the dress too - great choice.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Lots then to keep you busy this next quarter! I love the fabrics for your dresses!