Friday 29 September 2017

Holey Moley progress

Before I became a quilter, I used to love doing embroidery.  These days I have to make time for embroidery because quilting seems to have taken over my leisure time.
 

Back in March I showed you these gorgeous threads I had chosen for my pulled thread work called "Holey Moley".
 

We've had four lessons so far, and have learnt some new techniques.



I'm currently spending a lot of time stitching the outlines and then filling the areas with Rhodes stitch in pink.



This is a unique design developed for us by our tutor.  Please respect that, and if you'd like to make something similar, please be sure to modify it to make it uniquely yours.  (Sorry to have to say that, but I have to say it because it's not my design.)


See how big the piece of linen is!!! See how much more I've still got to do!!

Yes, it's going to be lovely when it's finished, but that is still many months (dare I say "years") away.



I'm going to keep plugging away at it, especially because we've got two more lessons to go yet. It's always easier to keep motivated when you know you've got to report in again.

7 comments:

Michele Hill said...

OMG Wendy..it is drop dead gorgeous..and so "William and May Morris" like too.....love it all especially those gorgeous stitches! Tell your teacher she is amazing!

Rochelle aka Bella Quilts said...

Wow! Those stitches look so small. Are you using a frame or hoop of any kind when you stitch? I think you are an extremely talented lady. I look forward to seeing more of this piece as you go along.

Anonymous said...

That is so incredibly lovely! Keep sending us progress posts! 8-)

Linda

Oops-Lah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Oops-Lah said...

Such beautiful stitching! I have recently rediscovered how soothing embroidery can be and will do more in the future too.

Schulz Family said...

Just gorgeous. I too started with embroidery before patchwork.

grammajudyb said...

Your stitching is gorgeous. I don't do much pulled thread work, but would love to learn. Wonder if there is a teacher near-by? I will explore!