After saying I was making it all from my stash, I did just purchase another 2 reels of Sue's variegated Perle 8 for future blocks.
I've dug out my second Spinning Stripes quilt which has remained untouched since my class with Shirley Mooney back in June 2015.
I started to assemble it as we had laid it out in the class, but I was really struggling to make sense of the pattern - see next photo below:
So I decided to ditch that idea, and instead make it similar to Shirley's original design - see below:
It meant I had to cut more triangles, but I still had enough fabric left, and I don't have any other special plans for that fabric. I'm feeling better about it now.
Below is my first Spinning Stripes which I completed last year. You can read about it over here.
|Spinning Stripes v1.0 - finished in 2015|
I've also finally started on my peacock tapestry cushion. I've had this pack for over a year now, but I kept trying to finish other things first.
I used the excuse of going to Rotorua for starting this tapestry. Hotel rooms always have bad lighting, so I need something with big holes so I can see what I am doing. I don't know if I'll get any of it done, but I'm taking it with me when we go to Rotorua tomorrow.
|Just a small start to test it out|
I'm using tent stitch (continental) for those who are interested.
I'll be back next week with some tourist snaps from geyser land. Yes, there is a quilt shop in Rotorua, and I have looked it up on google maps, but I am going to Rotorua for work, so I may not have time for fabric shopping.