Tuesday 23 December 2014

Merry Christmas

It's Tuesday here now so there's only two more sleeps until Christmas. I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas.

We will be having a quiet family Christmas at home. Our planned visitors had to cancel, so I haven't felt the need to get busy in the kitchen at all. The men folk in my life don't really like cakes and biscuits, so I've been getting quite a bit of sewing done instead. I've got more time now that work, school and sports have finished for the year.

My Beaded Angels ornament that I made some years ago.

Here's a quick run down on what I've been making lately:

Yesterday I made my first ever open wide zippered pouch using the Noodlehead pattern. It was quite straight forward and I will definitely use this pattern again. I already had these fabrics in my stash so I only needed to buy the pink zip. I'll give it to my 6 year old niece for Christmas.

Open wide zippered pouch

I finished all 3 of  my Mill Hill beaded ornaments at the weekend. I love these - so sparkly and they were fun and quite quick to make (but hard to photograph due to the reflections).





I managed to catch up on my Women of the Bible blocks at the weekend. I made 4 new blocks and now they look like this:



I probably need to tone down the pink in the next ones!

Yesterday I started some more wool felt applique. It's the cover for a sewing kit that I got for my birthday back in October. I figured I better try and finish my birthday gift before new Christmas sewing projects land in my lap on Christmas day.




Yes, it's lime green with pink and purple! I hope it's going to be fantastic.

Merry Christmas to you where ever you are. I hope you have a lovely day with family and friends.

13 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Merry Christmas to you, too, Wendy! It sounds like you are set for a nice cozy holiday! The sewing kit colors are vibrant and lively, and I hope you have lots of fun finishing it up.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Merry Christmas to you! we too will have a quite holiday almost by ourselves - I say almost because one of our daughters live only 2 1/2 miles from us so I know she will drop by once or twice, but she is busy with her husbands family also - we really have no plans. I do tend to bake too much but some of it goes in the freezer to eat in the next several months as well - I can't leave it all out or we would be blimps!!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! I just love all of your projects! Such great variety! So much fun!

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

Merry Christmas, Wendy! Whenever I need a color fix, I come visit your blog - and you definitely did not disappoint today!! Your sewing kit cover is going to be fabulous!!

Katrina said...

You have been very busy Wendy, these are all lovely. Merry Christmas! Enjoy your break and fingers crossed for some sunny weather on Christmas day :)

margaret said...

your women of the bible blocks are looking great and the felt applique is also lovely, I admire anyone who can do the bead work it is so fiddly, too fiddly for my clumsy hands.
Have a nice day on 25th like you it will be quiet n my home too family coming for there feast on 29th

HeathersSewingRoom said...

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and you have been working on some great projects. Enjoy your break.

Granny Maud's Girl said...

Tone down the pink!? Wash your mouth out, Wendy! There is no such thing as too much pink! :)
I don't bake either. With just two of us, we couldn't eat whatever I made; it would go to waste. I am making a proper steamed Christmas pudding, however.
Merry Christmas!

Carol Q said...

ooh Wendy, you make me itch to get making things when I look at your blog. Your beaded angels ornament is just divine.

Lorraine said...

Love, love, love the beaded ornaments. As always, a lovely array of goodies. Really nice to hear you are spending time sewing. Have a great Christmas and Happy New Year.

Sheri said...

Love your Women in the Bible quilt blocks and the beaded ornaments are very nice! Makes me want to do some beading!

dq said...

Your wool applique sewing kit cover will be so gorgeous. I love the colors and design.

Sarah said...

The wool appliqué looks gorgeous. I've just bought zips and am going to attempt making some wide open pouches in January.