Saturday 13 December 2014

And the winners are..

Just sneaking this in first. I finished my Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery Christmas Celebration Sampler last night.

It's been lovely hearing from so many of you over the past week. I didn't expect to receive so many entries. What a wide range of foods people eat at this time of the year. Some of the more interesting favourites were:
fried pumpkin
broccoli
beetroot
manderins

Then there were all those who liked:
sugar cookies (many variations here)
gingerbread
chocolate coated cherries and strawberries

I didn't do any analysis on the answers, but I'm pretty sure sweet foods out numbered savoury and vegetables.

I was surprised at the number of people who are No Reply Bloggers. Some of you know you are No Reply Bloggers and kindly provided your email addresses, but a lot of people didn't. I suggest you follow the instructions on this post by Adrienne of On The Windy Side if you're not sure. Often it's due to Google+ and that's a trap I fell into myself until some kind person pointed it out to me.

Anyway, before I announce the winners, I want to tell you that I won something myself some weeks ago in the Online Bloggers Quilt Festival. I won a random prize of 4 large spools of Aurifil thread, and they arrived last week.


They are quite neutral colours so I expect to start using them soon.



I've never used Aurifil because it's not easily obtainable in New Zealand, but those who have rave about it and tell me I'll never go back to normal cotton, so I'm looking forward to trying it. Thank you to Amy Smart for running the festival, and Aurifil for providing the prize.

Now, onto the important bit. The winner of the red fabrics was:
Deb who said:
Definitely love the REDS. I like to eat coconut cake at Christmas....my mom always made fresh coconut cake every Christmas, and my dad would hammer nails in the coconut for the milk to flow out. I'll always remember that. 




And the winner of the green fabrics was:

Mindy who said: 
Hello from Canada! I would be happy winning either set! The reds are beautiful (that quilt is amazing) but maybe I'll lean more towards the colorful bunch because I have a little girl who would love them. And at Christmas I love everything pumpkin! 




Congratulations to Deb and Mindy. I'll be in touch shortly and your packages will be in the post asap.  Thank you to everyone who entered. As I said, it was lovely to hear from so many people and to have so many new followers now.

I'll post a proper post about quilting this upcoming week, but I know everyone is getting busy and the time we all have to read blogs is at an annual low. I'll keep it simple and full of pictures so you can just whiz through and not have to read lots of words.

4 comments:

Deb said...

Thank you so much, Wendy! This is my first Christmas present I've received! And what beautiful fabrics! Congratulations to Mindy, too!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Congratulations to Deb and Mindy! Awesome - and I hope you enjoy the Aurifil - it looks like you got a great neutral pack to piece and do all kinds of fun things with!

margaret said...

a lovely sampler you have completes there and congrats to the winners. How good is that you have a give away and you win one too

Granny Maud's Girl said...

I've been sewing up my Dear Jane with Aurifil today. You will enjoy playing with your win, and congrats to Deb and Mindy!