Wednesday 31 December 2014

2014 - A Year in Review

As the year draws to a close it's always nice to reflect on what's been achieved during the previous year. Although I'm pleased with the things I made in 2014, I'm even more happy about the people I've met online during the year.  Sometimes New Zealand can feel like a very remote place to live, but I've had online conversations with people from many different parts of the world. We actually have the perfect time zone for that. If you're one of those people - thank you. I've discovered so many different styles of quilting and feel so inspired to make many more beautiful things in the years ahead.

I finished 4 quilts in 2014. I'm not a very prolific quilter, but I did hand quilt 3 of these quilts so that took time.

2014 finished quilts

Top left is Blue Garden made from a Kaffe Fassett jelly roll

Top right is Trellis Crossroads made from batiks (it's the machine quilted one)

Bottom right is Bordered Peacocks using the Kaffe Fassett Bordered Diamonds pattern

Bottom left is my Pantone Challenge Radiant Orchid quilt which I called Radiant Poppies.


I also made my first bag in 2014:



 And I did some needlework:

2014 finished embroidery
You can read more about the Gingerbread Village here, and about the Christmas decorations here.

Roll on 2015 - I've got plans.


10 comments:

Raewyn said...

Happy New Year Wendy!

SuzK said...

I love all your projects Wendy! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Anonymous said...

Hello Wendy, I just discovered your blog few days ago via grannymaudsgirl. I love what I see here and will visit your blog now regularly. I wish you all the best for the New Year. Kind regards from Germany, Annett

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

happy new year - beautiful quilts - glad I found your blog this year.

HeathersSewingRoom said...

Happy New Year and I really enjoy reading your blog and seeing your creative work.

margaret said...

your quilts are all beautiful, you have a great eye for colour, well 2 eyes really.Embroidered pieces all very nice too.
Have a happy 2015 and a creative one too as I love seeing what you are stitching

Granny Maud's Girl said...

Was that your first bag?!!
You hand quilted THREE quilts in ONE year? Wow!

Lorraine said...

You have had a very productive 2014. Nice to see all your goodies in review. I'm working on some small ornaments at present but will need help in putting them together so will have to wait until I'm around an "experienced" stitcher! All the best in 2015 Wendy. Look forward to seeing more of your creations.

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

I'm going to second the "You hand quilted THREE quilts in ONE year?" I'm doing three wows ;) Quality over quantity and enjoying the ride, that's what it's all about :) I'm going to be reminding myself of that. . . Cannot wait to see what you create in 2015 :)

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Some lovely finishes.. I really like your Bordered Peacocks! And I'm also impressed with all your hand quilting, I enjoy hand quilting too but finding the time is always my biggest issue! Happy New year, Linda