|The prize - 4 half metre cuts of In The Navy prints by Camelot Fabrics|
Wow, it's almost been a whole year since I started this blog. Why did I do it? There were 3 main reasons:
1. I'd been reading quilting blogs for a few years and drew lots of inspiration from what others were making. I thought some people might be interested in seeing what I was making.
2. I've always include a few photos of my quilting and embroidery finishes in my annual Christmas letter to family and friends. Many of those people tell me look forward to my letter so they can see what I've been up to in the past 12 months. Some years it was hard to choose which photos to include with so many projects on the go. So I knew I had plenty of material to share.
3. Would you believe I'd actually started a word document I called 'Craft Log' and was building up a document filled with photos and descriptions of what I'd made, year by year. So I knew I wanted a permanent reference of what I'd made, but up until that point I wasn't ready to go public with a blog. I worked in IT for many years solving software issues, and quite frankly, I didn't want to spend any more time on a computer than I had to.
After I sent out our 2013 Christmas letter I decided to investigate blogging, and I posted my first post on 16 December 2013.
I can still remember some of the very first people I became on line friends with back then. I won't name names for fear of offending anyone I miss out, but I've made some great friends during the past 12 months. You've all been very supportive of my efforts, and I've enjoying getting to know people from all over the world.
I've tried many new things since I started my blog:
- I joined my local quilt guild (called Capital Quilters) and met some new friends there
- I joined Instagram and met many embroidery people through that
- I participated in a quilt a long via Instagram
- I joined the Possum Magic round robin and met some fun loving people through that
- I revived my crochet interest and am planning on making a blanket next year
I could go on and on! Anyway, to the point of this post. I running a give away to thank you all for your loyal support over the past 12 months.
|The prize - 4 half metre cuts of these In The Navy prints from Camelot Fabrics|
1. Leave a comment telling me something that you tried for the first time in 2014. It could be quilting or sewing related, or sports, or travel. Whatever was significant to you.
2. If you follow my blog, leave a comment telling me how you follow - bloglovin, feedly etc
3. If you follow via Instagram leave a comment with your user name. I'm @wendysquiltsandmore
So some people can leave 3 comments.
I will ship anywhere in the world, but I must be able to email you, so if you are a no reply blogger, please leave your email address.
Entries close at 11am Sunday 30 Nov New Zealand daylight savings time. That gives you 3 days to enter. Good luck, and thank you.