As 2014 starts to draw to a close, I've been thinking about what I might like to make in 2015. Yes, of course I'll finish 'Your Place or Mine?' first, but then what will I do? Someone suggested I might get more done if I wrote a list, so here goes:
1. Most of you will know that I like complex challenges that test my brain, so yesterday I ordered this book from Paper Pieces.
I've always loved Kaffe Fassett's Millefiore fabric in blue (below), and the patterns in the book reminded me of this gorgeous fabric.
I've met quite a few people on Instagram who are working on the la passacaglia pattern from this book. If you're not on Instagram, just google la passacaglia and look at the images.
It's all paper pieced and hand sewn. Would you believe there are 2,400 pieces in it? A lot of people are fussy cutting their fabrics, so I've ordered acrylic templates too.
Watch this space.
2. On a more modern note, I've also ordered the Moda Modern Building Blocks kit. The Fat Quarter Shop are currently sold out, but I'm still hoping to get it before Christmas. It comes in a lovely box and my husband can wrap boxes, so hopefully it will be sitting under the tree on Christmas morning. Is it OK to sew on Christmas Day?
I've ordered the fabrics too, but I intend to mix in my own fabrics as well. Again, lots of people are already making these and I've seen a wonderful variety of quilts. I don't even know if I'll do the biggest blocks as they are, I might try and resize them down and fit in a few more smaller blocks. Who knows at this stage.
3. I've just started receiving the free patterns for a Women of the Bible quilt and it will run into next year too. I'm not at all religious, but I liked the idea of trying out lots of different blocks. It's run by www.littlequilts,com, although I think signups might have closed now.
|Women of the Bible|
Yesterday I made the first two blocks:
|Eve - she deserves pink for being the first woman|
They are quite big - 15" x 15" each. I decided to use my Denyse Schmidt fabrics that I bought at Spotlight recently. The blue block looks a bit busy, but I refuse to unpick or remake at this very early stage. I'll reassess when I've made more of them.
4. Possum Magic - of course I'll continue working on the Possum Magic quilts too. That will run until about June.
5. Then there's all the embroidery projects I want to do. I think I'll do another post about them another day.
The Bloggers' online Quilt Festival starts this weekend. I'm entering two quilts this time - my Trellis Crossroads and a Redwork Christmas that I haven't put on my blog yet. Here's a sneak peak:
I hope you're having fun wherever you are.