Wednesday 14 May 2014

A new bag



Hello, and a big welcome to all my new followers. Many of you will be from the blog hop for new bloggers run by Beth of Plum and June blog.  There are about 75 of us visiting each others blogs, and learning new tricks about blogging, flickr and Pinterest. Lots of useful information is being shared. It's interesting reading about how others apply watermarks to photos - that's not something I've investigated yet.

Leaving aside all the emails from the group, I started to play with these fabrics:




I want to make a tall tote style bag. I've looked at quite a few patterns and decided to use one by Elizabeth Hartman of oh!Fransson.  The pattern is very detailed and has more than 70 steps to it, but it also has lots of photos so that's helpful. Here's Elizabeth's photo from her website:

Image of PERFECT QUILTED TOTES pdf sewing pattern
 I'll be making the one on the right. I haven't made a bag before so it'll be a learning experience for me. I can't wait to get started, but I really must finish one or two other projects first. With any luck I can start on Saturday or Sunday.

9 comments:

Michelle Bartholomew said...

Glad you were able to find some sewing time despite the large flow of emails :) This bag pattern looks really fun! Excited to see how yours comes out.

Lorna McMahon said...

Lovely fabric selection... This is going to be a very sweet tote! Thanks for joining in the Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts, Wendy!

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

Love those fabrics! Can't wait to see how your tote turns out :)

Cathy said...

That's going to be a great project! And 70 pics! Sounds like a good pattern. Enjoy!

Lynn said...

Great colours. Bags are great and that pattern looks a really good one. I've made about half a dozen and they make great gifts for people too.

Wendy said...

that's a great bag pattern and the fabrics you have chosen are gorgeous, I look forward to seeing your progress. don't worry, making bags is easy.

Anonymous said...

Hello there,

Discovered you from the blog hop while adding my pin to the map. I'm in wellington too!!

Lin's Quilts said...

The blog hop is certainly fun. But it is hard to find sewing time with all the blogs to read and the emails. I love it!
The bag looks like it will be very useful. Nice colors you've chosen.

Vera said...

These are fab! Love the combo and fabrics you went with.